This national invitational and juried exhibition highlights the strength and innovation of America’s current trends in realism. We are proud to expand the discourse on this enduring tradition in presenting the 2014 installment of this dynamic contemporary exhibition. Although a seemingly narrow focus, the art in this exhibition presents a vast range of ideas, approaches, styles, and subject matter. Some artists are building and expanding upon the legacies of Photorealism, Magic Realism, trompe l’oeil, and urban realism. Others strive to capture light and texture, or delve into the psychology of the situation or sitter.
Open to all artists who are 18 years and older who reside or have a representing gallery in the United States working in the genre of Realism.
• Only paintings, drawings, and sculpture are eligible
• Work submitted must have been created in the last 2 years (2012 to present)
• Two-dimensional work should not exceed 72 inches in any direction
• Three-dimensional work should not exceed 150 pounds and 40 inches in any direction
• All work must be prepared for exhibition, framed or appropriately prepared for hanging and display (no saw tooth hangers).
• Digital images accepted only through the FWMoA online system
• Images must be in JPEG format and titled as such: LastName_FirstName_01Title.jpg
• Pixel size should be no larger than 1500 x 2100; images no larger than 3 MB; resolution approximately 300 dpi.
• No entries in prepared presentation/slideshow programs (Powerpoint, PDF, etc)
• Selection of individual works for the exhibition will be made from the submitted images. Artists whose works are accepted into the exhibition will be notified by June 24, 2014.
• All payments must be made through the FWMoA online system.
Important Dates in 2014
June 15: Deadline for submission
June 24: Notification sent to artists via email
September 1: Deadline for delivery of artwork
September 20: Exhibition opens to the public
November 30: Exhibition closes
December (TBA): Return shipping of artwork
Each artist may enter from 1 to 5 digital images for a non-refundable total fee of $45.00. To add additional entries to your submission, simply click "Add Another Entry." Each artist must enter at least one (1) artwork and may enter up to five (5).
All exhibiting artists will be recognized in an exhibition catalogue or extended gallery guide. A Juror's Choice and Executive Director's Choice also will be announced. Purchase awards will be offered at the Executive Director’s discretion.
All complete submissions that will be reviewed and juried in regards to the standards set by CRB 2014, with an emphasis on choosing the highest quality, most original, and compelling works of art. Entries that explore new modes of representing realistic art are encouraged.
Shipment of Artwork: Delivery and Return
Artists are responsible for all shipping expenses to and from the exhibition. Accepted artists will receive shipment instructions from FWMoA upon acceptance to the exhibition. A limited schedule for hand-deliveries will be available.
Publicity and Education
The Fort Wayne Museum of Art reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works and to use these photographs, or submitted images, for educational and publicity purposes.
All artworks selected for the exhibition will be covered by the Museum’s Fine Arts Insurance Policy at a mutually agreeable value while the artwork is on the premises.
Associate Curator of Exhibitions
Fort Wayne Museum of Art